SECEF Frequently Asked Questions
- What does SECEF mean ?
- What does IDMEFv2 mean ?
- What is the relation between SECEF.net and IDMEFv2.org ?
- How can I stay tuned with SECEF evolution?
- How can I participate to SECEF and to the definition of IDMEF v2?
- Is SECEF a “French” project?
- Who should be interested in SECEF / IDMEF?
SECEF means SECurity Exchange Format. The name is inspired of “EF” is IDMEF and IODEF.
What does IDMEFv2 mean ?
IDMEFv2 means Incident Detection Message Exchange Format.
Note: IDMEFv1 meant Intrusion Detection, IDMEFv2 is wider with Incident (including Intrusion).
What is the relationship between SECEF.net and IDMEFv2.org ?
SECEF is a consortium financed through a public research project. IDMEFv2.org is a wider initiative including SECEF members as well as many other contributions.
SECEF.net will host information about the project, IDMEFv2.org hosts information about the format and it’s way to standardization.
How can I stay tuned with SECEF evolution?
The SECEF Website will gather all the information about the project.
You can subscribe to the IDMEFv2 mailing list to stay informed and/or to participate.
How can I participate to SECEF and to the definition of IDMEF v2?
Please visit this link to the “How to join” the IDMEFv2.org initiative.
SECEF is driven by a French consortium but the IDMEFv2.org task force is international project as it aims to define an international standard.
Who should be interested in SECEF / IDMEFv2?
All actors of the cybersecurity market should care about open standards. Concerning IDMEF the first concerned are:
- cyber/physical security tool developer: SIEM, IDS, Firewall, Anti-virus, etc.
- cyber/physical security team (CERT, CIRST, SOC, etc.)
- cyber/physical security tool buyers
- Academics, cybersecurity students
- Governments, international organization
- Critical infrastructure and smart systems operators